- Rebato, c. 1600-1625 Part One: Brief History and Materials
- Rebato, c. 1600-1625 Part Two: The Pattern
- Rebato, c. 1600-1625 Part Three: Making the Wire Frame
- Rebato, c. 1600-1625 Part Four: Making the Linen Collar
- Rebato, c. 1600-1625 Part Five: Finishing the Rebato
My rebato is based on a pattern drafted by myself using the rebato from the Musée national de la Renaissance-Chateau d’Écouen in Paris as inspiration (see previous post).
The linen standing collar was based primarily on a portrait of a young French woman in the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston:
Click here to access a printable PDF version of the pattern.
The pattern will make: